All local veggie burger
1 T. olive oil
1/2 t. dried fennel seed or chopped fresh fennel bulb to taste
2 portabello mushrooms, chopped
1/2 bunch scallions, white and green parts, chopped
1-1/2 cups cooked wheatberries(sub chickpeas and walnuts for gluten free)
1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
1-1/2 T. curry powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3/4- 1 t. salt
pepper to taste
olive oil for frying
1. heat olive oil over medium heat and add fennel seeds for a few minutes.
2. Add mushrooms and scallions, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add curry powder, cooked wheatberries and carrots and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a food processor and roughly combine all the ingredient. Taste and adjust seasonings.
5. Make patties with about 1/3 cup of the mix and sauté on both sides in olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
6. Best served over salad greens or in a pita.