Asian flavors chicken leg/thigh
I wanted to make some Asian flavored chicken thigh/wing pieces. This is so easy to make. Your could add some rice or noodles, like I made with the leftovers, but not necessary either. Just a greens or arugula salad is enough.
1 t. butter
2 packs chicken leg/thigh pieces
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 T. sesame oil
1. T cornstarch
1 small clove garlic
1 t. sriracha or 1 thai chile or both if you like heat
1 t. salt
a few scallions, chopped
1 T. sesame seeds
1. Add butter to a oven proof pan on a stove top over medium high heat, like cast iron. Add the chicken pieces and brown in the pan.
2. Mix together the nine ingredients starting with honey.
3. Add the mixture to the pan when the chicken is fully browned.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
5. For a charred skin, place under the broiler for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Move to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes. Cut leg from thigh on a diagonal in between the two.
7. Top with sauce, sesame seeds and scallions.