Pork or vegetarian dan dan noodles
Updated: Sep 28, 2018
I recently started making chili oil and it is so delicious and addictive! I use this recipe and it is perfect, I don’t change anything.
It is an essential ingredient in dan dan noodles. This recipe is equally as good with or without pork.
Dan Dan Noodles
1 lb. linguini pasta
chili oil to taste
1 bunch baby bok choy or other cooking greens
1 scallion bunch
soy sauce amount to taste
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the bok choy to the top and cook for a few minutes. Remove the bok choy and drain the water.
2. Add chili oil and soy sauce to the bottom of serving bowl. I added about 2-3 tablespoons of chili oil and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
3. Chop the scallions. Cut the bottom ends off the bok choy.
4. Drain noodles and add them to the bowls.
5. Add the bok choy and scallions to the top. Add the pork too for pork version.
For pork version:
mix 1 lb. ground pork or sausage removed from casing with:
1 t. sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
a minced garlic clove or garlic chives
minced piece of ginger
1 scallion bunch, chopped.