Vegan palak paneer
One Switchback dough ball, let rise for a few days in the fridge.
1 cup dry basmati rice, cooked according to package directions.
1/2 lb. spinach, chopped
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 inch piece ginger grated
1 block tofu, cubed
1/4 cup tomato sauce- I used some Good Farm salsa
1 t. cumin seeds
1 T. chili powder
1 T. tumeric
2 T. garam masala
1 cup coconut water
salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 and stretch the pizza dough out on a floured surface.
Bake on a sheet pan or pizza stone until brown and puffed up.
1. Add 1 T. oil to a sauce pan on medium heat. Add tofu, cumin seeds and chili powder and cook tofu on all sides until light brown.
2. Set the tofu aside. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook over medium until very brown. Add spices garam masala and tumeric. You can add water if the pan gets too dry.
3. Add tomato sauce or salsa.
4. Add chopped spinach and cook down. add salt- about a teaspoon. Add a cup of coconut water.
5. Add the spinach mixture to a blender and blend until puréed.
6. Pour it back into the pan and mix with the prepared tofu.
7. Serve over rice with flatbread.